How to insert bullet points in Microsoft Excel 2013
Last Modified at 2019-06-25 21:29:26
In word-processor software like Microsoft Word you can easily add bullet points, however in Microsoft Excel you will not be able to add it easily, because Microsoft doesn't provide built-in feature for bullets list as most word-processor software do. But it doesn't mean that there is no way to add bullet symbol, there are multiple ways to do it.
How to insert bullet points in excel using shortcuts?
The easiest and quickest method to add bullet point is like-
- Select the cell in which you wish to add bullet point in excel.
- then press shortcut key Alt+Numeric key 7 to insert solid bullet symbol.
- And if you wish to add an empty bullet point then press shortcut key Alt+Numeric key 9.
And if you want to add multiple symbols in the same cell then press keyboard shortcut key Alt+Enter to go to new line in same cell then press Alt+Numeric key 7.
Inserting custom bullet symbol
If you wish to add custom bullets then follow steps below-
- Click on the 'Insert' tab on the top menu bar
- Then click on 'Symbol' tab on the right right side bar. See first screenshot.
- On the symbols box, in the Font Box, choose the font you would like to add, scroll bar on the right side to select bullet symbol of your choice.
Hope this small tutorial will help you. If you have some other tricks, please do let me know in the comment section below.